Professional development and ongoing support for implementation of the OGAP Formative Assessment System in Additive Reasoning, Multiplicative Reasoning, Fractions, and Proportionality.
Effective implementation of OGAP involves 4 days of professional development for each content area and 4 days of follow-up support for mathematics leadership in district/school.
Districts use different models for the professional development. Some districts have embedded the professional development during the school year. Others make it a part of summer in-service training. The OGAP Leadership will work with the leadership in your district to develop the best model given your district goals.
Participants will receive:
- Four days direct professional development per content area focused on:
- Formative assessment in general and OGAP specifically.
- Research underpinning learning and understanding the OGAP Framework/learning progression for specific topic.
- Strategies to gather evidence of student learning and to take action based on evidence.
- Use of OGAP materials and resources.
- OGAP Framework/Learning progression link CCSSM Standards
- OGAP link to mathematics programs and other instructional materials.
- Access to all OGAP professional development materials
- Access to OGAP item banks with hundreds of formative assessment questions for each math topic.
- The OGAP Frameworks/Learning progression and supporting materials.
Attached find overviews of the professional development for OGAP Fractions, Multiplicative Reasoning, and Proportionality.
Contact Beth Hulbert if interested